I found out yesterday afternoon that one of my friends had lost her 12 yr old son in a boating accident while they were on vacation. Today, she posted on FB that her second son, who was 18, and also involved in the accident, died this morning. I have been heartbroken for her and her family since the news broke. I can’t imagine what they are going through and have just held my children closer.
Michael was so comforting to me today through all of my sadness. He took us out to eat and to see Cars 2. Although it wasn’t the outing that was comforting, it was not being at home listening to complaints about what was for dinner, or so and so will not play with me…Which if I truly think about it, how great is it to hear those complaints at a time like this, because you know your children are still here.
The upside to all of this tragedy is that my friend is a follower of Christ and she knows where her two boys are right now. They are in Heaven with our Abba Father- God. They have been welcomed into God’s arms and they are rejoicing with all those who have gone before them. This is comforting to the family, but it will be a very long time of mourning and sadness. Please pray for the Rowley Family through all of this. Hold your family tight and thank God daily for all that He has provided for you. That is what I am doing right now.
Thank you God for Michael, the husband you knew that I needed. Thank you for Jacob who is a sensitive person and is loving. Thank you for Emilee who is spunky and full of life. Thank you for all of the simple things. I am going to be more thankful!!!!!!!
No comments:
Post a Comment