I was in a car wreck on June 13- the day before school let out. I had so many plans for our family this summer. My plans included less gas fill ups (as I wouldn’t be taking Jacob to school 5 days a week), lots of camping, and day trips. Well…this wreck changed all of those plans. Emilee and I were on our way to the park when a car pulled into our lane and I couldn’t stop in time. I hit the car in the side and the impact pushed us into a telephone poll. There were no serious injuries and thankfully there wasn't a lot of damage to my car. However my back was hurt and has been really bothering me ever since. Emilee wasn’t hurt- PRAISE GOD!!!! The car that pulled out in front of us decided not to stop and just kept going!!! Why are there so many hit and runs in NC? I am truly thankful for a Good Samaritan ~ the van behind me followed the car, wrote down the license plate, called 911 and then waited with us until the police arrived. Wow, how many people would have just drove on by...
I read on the police report later, that the owner had been tracked down. She had let her her boyfriend, T.O., of 1 month drive her car. She didn't know that he had used it in a hit and run. She doesn’t know his name, doesn’t know where he lives ~ but really, it has only been 1 month ~ how much info do you need in such a short amount of time? I am thankful that my uninsured motorist insurance paid for the repairs to my car and are paying for my medical bills. After having x-rays, etc… I am going to the doctor 3 times a week for 5 weeks for therapy and adjustments and then we will re-evaluate my condition at that point. My neck was also injured - similar to whiplash. This has caused a lot of dizziness and headaches and if not better soon, I will be referred out to an orthopedic doctor who will likley give me injections in the neck to stop these side effects. Wow, I hope this goes away soon.
So back to my plans… I’m filling up my car more than I was during the school year so I can get to the doctor 3 times a week. We have not been able to camp ~ because my back will not allow me to lay on the ground. All of those day trips that I had planned- not one of them yet.
Long story short...this reminds me of Isaiah 55:8-9 where God says that His thoughts are not my thoughts and His plans are not my plans. I now know the meaning of this verse!!!!!! WE ARE BLESSED BEYOND MEASURE. This wreck could have been much worse and for a lot of hit and runs- they are. God is so good to us- all the time!!!!!!!!!!!
No comments:
Post a Comment